Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Tale of Two Brains, Part 2


In a sad but true state of affairs, my baby continues to surpass me cognitively. 

A recent example? Today I carefully zipped what I thought were my keys into my diaper bag and handed Lucy her toy keys (which she just loves). Later, when I unzipped the bag, imagine my surprise and fear when I realized that only the toy keys were there. Where were my keys? I was trying to retrace my steps unsuccessfully when Lucy giggled and triumphantly held up my keys. Yep, I'd been running errands with toy keys safely secured in my diaper bag while my baby gnawed and jangled my real keys all morning. Not so smart on my part.

Meanwhile, Lucy is figuring out how to stack blocks, practice her fine motor skills, and her flexibility (notice her feet in the above picture). So in the cognitive arena, it's Lucy:2, Mommy:0.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i'm willing to bet there are still a few things mom can teach little lucy.