Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Who knew I was so handy?

I was racking my brain trying to figure out what Lucy should dress up as for Halloween and then I remembered her lovely flower girl dress. Lo and behold! It still fit! Add a pair of sparkly wings, the fluffy marabou tiara from last year's costume, complete the look with a glittering feather covered wand and voila! You've got yourself a stunning fairy princess. I felt very Martha Stewart meets MacGyver. And I think Lucy was very pleased with the result!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

i thought you were going to say you fixed the plumbing or something and i was going to say no way!

this makes perfect sense. you are very creative. remember when you dressed me, gimpy liz and yourself for halloween? you did all of that out of your closet!

Leslie said...

great work! guaranteed it'll be her fave costume of all time.

courtney said...

When I saw the title I was green with envy expecting you to be showing pictures of the new shelves you sawed yourself, painted, put up... but to be honest, I'm much more excited about the dress. What a cutie pie!! Love the look. Very fashion forward. And Lucy looks extremely pleased. I think this is an outfit to consider for the first day of preschool next year.

Catherine (aka Lucy's Mommy) said...

Thank you all for thinking I could be as handy as to put up shelves/unclog a drain but sadly no. I still get frustrated every time I have to change a battery!!

And yes, I agree, Lucy looks pretty outstanding!! In fact, the tiara has made it into her daily wardrobe!

devon lorraine ... said...

looks like she simply loves her outfit. i'm surprised she's not wearing the entire thing everyday! i would.

Unknown said...

you are super crafty!! how perfect.