Saturday, December 13, 2008

Feedin' Time


Ever since I casually mentioned to couple of my friends that Lucy enjoyed feeding herself with a spoon, I've been bombarded with questions. What kind of spoon? How often? What about a fork, or a knife? I realize now that you all are picturing cloth napkins, silver utensils, candlelight and me saying things like: "Now Lucy, please cut your food into smaller bites."

As you can see from the pics above, we're a slight ways off from that scenario. Now you might be wondering, what's with the gigantic bowl? Well, as those of you have dined with us in public know that Lucy pulls a Scarlett O'Hara in public and nibbles like a dainty bird but in the comfort of her own home with very few distractions she gobbles quite heartily. Hence the big ole' bowl. I feed her a spoonful and then most times she feeds herself the next spoonful (or it gets somewhere in the vicinity of her mouth). Eventually, Lucy takes both spoons and tries to do it herself!

And that, my dear friends, is how Lucy feeds herself.

2 comments:

courtney said...

Hi Catherine,

Don't know if you remember me from Scripps, but I peeked at your blog via Devon's blog, and I just wanted to congratulate you and your husband on your gorgeous little girl, and wish her a wonderful first birthday;
also, how do you keep her from throwing the spoon? I'm amazed...

Sarah said...

she's a genius! look at her refined motor skills with those spoons. you need to enroll her in some sort of gifted baby program!