Friday, August 1, 2008

Cycle of Random Comments


Starting the moment my belly popped in my sixth month, I began hearing startling comments (with occasional touches of the tummy) from family, friends, and even complete strangers.
Pregnant:
"Are you sure you don't have twins in there?"
"I've always loved the name Anna" (random woman in the frozen section)
"You're not hiring a professional videographer for your child's birth?"

After:
"When are you due?"
"I always make my child's sunscreen, don't you?"
"Your baby is so exquisite---she looks nothing like you."

Yet now that Lucy is here I find myself making random comments:
"Please, please, don't flip in your poop."
"If it makes you feel better to pull mommy's hair/daddy's arm hair, then by all means, pull away."
"Just because Rosie lets you doesn't mean we chew on her paw."

And the cycle continues.....

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Anna is a good name.