Monday, March 5, 2012

Longtime Friends

As Lucy and her friend Zoe engaged in a discussion over who can really hear Tinkerbell the other day, I realized they do not remember a time when they weren't part of each other's lives. I met her mom at the tailor's where we immediately formed a bond over our babies' same ages and the fact we were both sporting the same sling. Four years later, we are best friends as well as emergency contacts for the other's children and our girls are similarly bonded (minus the emergency contact part).
People talk of having friends for life but it thrills my heart to know that Lucy will have a friend that has literally known her for the whole of her life (minus four months).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww too sweet and so awesome. And I can still totally hear tinkerbell! Who is Zoe's mom?

Catherine (aka Lucy's Mommy) said...

My friend Erin (remember we did yoga with her once?)
xoxooxox