When I arrived at her school last Friday to celebrate her birthday, I saw Lucy wearing a birthday crown. Not surprising, as each child who has a birthday at school gets to decorate their own crown. What was surprising is when I found out Lu elected not to decorate her own crown. Instead she asked a boy Meyer to do it. Apparently he was overcome at Lucy singling him out and when another child offered to do help with the glue, Meyer shouted:
"NO! Lucy asked me. I need to do this because I love her". And later he confided to me, "I always want to be with Lucy".
He was not the only boy to express similar sentiments about my daughter (Matt is worried). But at the celebration, she chose to sit with her good friend Frances, leaving the boys to shout birthday greetings at her and vie for who would get the privilege of throwing her trash away. Yes, there were tears among the losers.
3 comments:
could she be any cuter?! and, can she teach a class on how to get boys to fight over you? i need lessons. yes, from a 4 year old heartbreaker :)
well duh, who wouldn't fall in love with that little girl!!!?!?!!
i think your hands are going to be full, mama!
yep, our hands are going to be full Devon! And Katherine, I have no idea where she learned to be such a heartbreaker!! xoxox
Post a Comment