Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Taxicab Confessions (Preschool Edition)

Our house is the playdate house. Moms love sending their kids here (some at the last minute because I'm one of the few with a spare carseat) because I have a pantry stocked with kid-friendly mostly organic snacks and they figure as a former teacher, their children are probably learning something of importance. Children delight in the big playroom that can take a beating as well as the dog that will sit quietly while they drape her in various costumes.

After each date, I'm thanked profusely but really I enjoy it. Especially when the kids talk in the backseat---I get to be privy to the funniest, at times profound, occasionally inane statements:
"You only pick noses in bed"
"You can't grow down, you gotta grow up"
"Sometimes I don't want to walk but I still kick my elephant"
"Bears don't like to ride buses"
"My mommy knew me when I was a baby"
"All doctors have fish in a bubble"

If only I could install a camera....

7 comments:

matt Kaplan said...

Very wise words. And all very true.

Anonymous said...

Conversations of utter joy. Great photo as well. Cath - call me, this has given me an idea (could this be trouble? Nah!).

Unknown said...

Super wise words and super stinkin cute too. I esp like the grow down one.

Leslie said...

awesomely hilarious convos. more, more, more!

Sarah said...

i think you should definitely install a camera!!

Gregg Rosenzweig said...

What's so inane about "Bears don't like to rides buses?" Have you ever tried getting a grizzly on a Greyhound? They don't like it. Trust me.

courtney said...

oh man. i wish you lived closer.