Friday, May 1, 2009

The Funniest Joke Ever Told




Of course, I didn't think it was all that funny and at first Matt didn't either. Lucy, on the other hand thought it was the most hysterical she'd ever heard or seen in all her 16 and a half months. So Matt repeated the last part of his sentence again, and again. Each repeat eliciting even bigger laughs than before.

So here's the sentence that tickled Lucy so: "Daddy likes cheese too." I tried saying it to her the next day but apparently the moment had passed (the joke was apparently not timeless, more of the "Where's the beef" variety than the "Why did the chicken cross the road?" type). Ah well, I'm pretty sure another giggle storm is heading my way!

5 comments:

matt Kaplan said...

It was your delivery. It's all in the delivery.

Or, she's already laughing at me. At least it isn't behind my back - yet.

Laura Wetzel said...

I love how kids do that. They find so much humor in the most mundane things. That's why they keep us young.

Sarah said...

she's already a daddy's girl.

work it lucy!!

devon lorraine ... said...

she's adorable. i think by her silence the following day she was trying to say, "dude, mom, that joke was soooo yesterday." how are we supposed to keep up with kids today?

Unknown said...

i'm with devon :)