Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Them Pearly Whites

Around four and half months, Lucy cut her first two teeth with a just a bit of pain and fuss. But then nothing, for the next nine months not a single one. I was kind of fine with that although a little concerned that Lucy would be eating mushed food for the rest of her life.

But at thirteen months, her poor gums grew hard, rough, and swollen. And sure enough, more teeth were on their way. First, one little one poked through the bottom, then another, and then four more sliced through the top within a matter of days, bringing her grand total of teeth to eight.

Through it all Lucy has been quite a trooper, trying to laugh and smile through her pain. And quite frankly, I think I'm fine with the number of teeth she has.

4 comments:

devon lorraine ... said...

she's building up quite a smile!!!

Sarah said...

she looks good with teeth!

Laura Wetzel said...

Poor Lucy! That's a lot of teeth to get in such a short time. Teething sucks. I love her new pearly white smile.

courtney said...

Poor little thing!! Teething is really just cruel to those delicate little gums. I bet that fro yo was a huge hit for that reason alone... aside from the sweet yumminess.