Friday, November 8, 2013

Giving Back

Lucy's piggy bank is divided into four sections: Donate, Save, Spend, and Invest. She saved up to buy her beloved stuffed dog Jewel a snazzy new outfit but saved a bulk of her money to give to the animals at the Lange Foundation (the same shelter we adopted Rosie from).

She happily turned over her $36 in coins to the volunteer at the shelter, then played with some of the rescued cats and dogs. Currently Lucy is saving up to buy the cats some new toys and a pair of roller skates for her American Girl Doll.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Lucy is wonderful as usual! I love seeing all the updates and I'm bookmarking this one because we divide Miles' piggy bank too. It's always nice to be show him how other kids use their money!

Unknown said...

What an amazing little girl!! You and Matt have and are raising the best kid ever (as I've told you a million times!!). Love the divided piggy bank idea... i should start one for myself!

Love that you all went to Rosie's former shelter. And that she's now saving for the kitties! too sweet.